Schools are expected to operate normally wherever feasible and we will only resort to closure or early closure in exceptional circumstances.
We will take into consideration whether children and staff can travel safely to and from school and if the site will remain safe throughout the day.
In the unlikely event that we need to close our school due to adverse weather conditions or any other unforeseen circumstance (such as heating failure, burst water pipe etc.) we will make a decision as soon as possible and preferably before 8.00 am in the morning.
A risk assessment is conducted taking into account a range of factors including:
- State of pathways, steps and slopes around the school
- Condition of roads and pathways in the local area
- If the school’s heating, lighting and water is working correctly
- Whether catering can be provided
- Availability of public transport
- Weather forecast
How will I know if school is closed?
If school has to close we will make every effort to contact you as soon as possible by
- Sending a text message to all parents and carers to say the school is closed
- Displaying a message on this website
- Informing Staffordshire County Council – click on the button below to check school closures
- Local radio stations will use the information from Staffordshire County Council to broadcast which schools are closed